The 3-stage filtration cartridge is contained and protected in a durable steel box. In stage-one, a foam pre-filter captures large particulate matter. In the second stage, the HEPA filter traps more of the harmful and irritating particulate like pet dander, pollen and smoke. Finally, in the third stage, the activated carbon adsorbs chemical or gas-based pollutants.
The filters are easy to access and change. Once locked into place, the filter is completely sealed, ensuring that no polluted air escapes from the box. The baked thermostat powder finish on the box itself provides a durable, long-lasting housing that will not off-gas chemicals, providing truly clean air to the surrounding environment.
Though continuous operation is recommended for optimal indoor air quality, this unit does feature an illuminated on/off switch.
There is an optional VOC filter upgrade available for this unit.
Features & Benefits:
• No effect on AC blower
• Insulated cabinets for whisper quiet operation
• Low maintenance, HEPA cartridges can last up to five years depending on the environment being filtered
• Energy efficient due to effective design and quality motors
• Our Microcon filtration systems are constructed out of durable steel and finished with baked on powder coat paint
• Environmentally friendly
• VOC Canister contain carbon with 1,705,000 m2 of absorbent surface area for capturing chemicals